- Necessity, who is the mother of invention.
- If women are expected to do the same work as men, we must teach them the same things.
- I'm trying to think; don't confuse me with facts.
- Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
- We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
- Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
- Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
- Only the dead have seen the end of war.
- No evil can happen to a good man, either in life or after death.
- Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
- When there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.