Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
- Hate the sin, love the sinner.
- Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress.
- I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers.
- I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life.
- I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.
- It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
- One needs to be slow to form convictions, but once formed they must be defended against the heaviest odds.
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.
- You must be the change you want to see in the world.
- An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
- I think it would be a good idea. - (when asked what he thought of Western civilization)
- There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
- I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.