- I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
- It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
- Respect yourself and others will respect you.
- To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage.
- What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
- When anger rises, think of the consequences.
- If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand.
- Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.
- The cautious seldom err.
- The people may be made to follow a path of action, but they may not be made to understand it.
- To go beyond is as wrong as to fall short.
- There are three things which the superior man guards against. In youth...lust. When he is strong...quarrelsomeness. When he is old...covetousness.
- Virtue is not left to stand alone. He who practices it will have neighbors.
- What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.
- When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them.